Thrive Center: With & For Podcast with Dr. Richard Davidson
Dr. Richard Davidson sat down with Dr. Pam King from the Thrive Center to discuss what it means to cultivate a healthy mind.
Dr. Richard Davidson sat down with Dr. Pam King from the Thrive Center to discuss what it means to cultivate a healthy mind. In this episode they discuss:
- Two kinds of learning—declarative and procedural—that need to be integrated in order to cultivate mental and spiritual health
- The four pillars of a healthy mind: awareness, connection, insight, and purpose
- How to cultivate a mindset for healthy relational connection
- How to understand the stories we tell ourselves about ourselves and how this impacts our well-being and spiritual health
- The over-emphasis (even approaching hype) on mindfulness that seems to be present in our culture
- What a healthy approach to meditation might be in our spiritual lives
- The science and spirituality of love and compassion
You can start training your mind with the Healthy Minds Program App, freely available thanks to the generosity of our donors wherever you get your apps.